Heatpipe Thermal Solutions
cTech design, prototype and manufacture heatpipe thermal solutions and heat pipe assemblies.
- Two-phase heat transfer device
- Extremely high “effective” thermal conductivity.
- Sintered wick pipes.
- Very high capillary power.
- Works against gravity
- Grooved heat pipes
- Light weight, aluminum pipes
- Space applications
- Mesh wick
- High power for a given diameter pipe,
- Needs gravity
Heat pipes transport heat from one end of the pipe to the other. This can be used to
- Take heat to a finstack
- Reduce the spreading resistance in the base of a heat sink
Heat pipe/Finstack assemblies
- Higher density of fins possible with cassette designs offering easy assembly
- Fin cassettes are mechanically fixed making it easier to handle in production
- Less material means less weight
- Flexible pitching and fin sizes, optimised to air flow
Heat pipe enhanced heat sinks
- Optimised fin pitching for maximum airside performance
- Specially designed capture features to enable good heat pipe to heat sink contact
- Compliant with military and medical specifications
- Added value operations, helicoil insertion, plating, mounting components etc